Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My quilty friend is planning on coming up tomorrow--YEAH! It has been so long since we have had a visit and we only live about 15 minutes apart. She has had medical problems in her family, too. Plus she has a MIL that she cooks for every day, plus she has 4 grown kids and 3 grandchildren so her life gets rather full part of the time.

Hopefully, I will get motivated to get back into something quilty. My nine-patch is half done. And this past weekend we got my desk ready. Maybe I should say my husband got it ready. We just have to wait to find help to get it down in the basement. It is sooo heavy. I really hate for Roger to lift on it, but I am so anxious to have it down there. I think once I get this nine-patch done that I will try to make myself piece on my Pfaff till I can have it ready to quilt any time.

My basement is so full of stuff--this will make 3 full sized office desks with sewing machines sitting in them. I feel like I have come a long way from having a Kenmore sewing machine that I felt guilty over even giving it away...it was horrible. My husband got it for me probably for my first birthday after we were married. I thought for the longest time it was just me that couldn't sew with it. I worked full time then and only sewed a little every now and then.

But after we moved to Tennessee for a while and I didn't work outside the home, it would sew good for a while, then all heck would break loose and it would not sew. I would do everything imaginable and finally it would start sewing, but I could never figure what I done to remedy the situation. I would do the usual of cleaning bobbin/bobbin area, rethread, change needle, etc.

Finally my oldest daughter was in elementary school and I tried to hem a simple cotton blouse one night and ended up doing it by hand. That was the final straw. I started shopping for a machine and settled on my Pfaff Tiptronic 1171. I have really loved that machine! That was around 1992 and I have only had one little problem with it this past winter, and it wasn't affecting the sewing. It just made a chirping noise...so took it in to be serviced and he could not find what was causing the noise but kept oiling it till it stopped.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Rose, I have posted with you on Quilts Your Way, and even emailed a few times with you about your quilt gallary pics! Hope you don't mind hearing from me on your Blog :>)...! It is always fun to learn about others and their experiences with sewing and the machines we use!

Also "good luck" and prayers for you with your *mamos*...mine seem to go pretty much the same as yours, and it is always a bit concerning but always better too have the answers and KNOW what we really are dealing with! My PRAYERS for your answers! Happy Quilting from Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...