Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New for me...

It was so beautiful this evening that I made a quick run to the strip pit area. I think the above are Northern Shoveler. It could be a bit better, but this image still shows enough to identify.
I got this dove the first thing when I turned down the road. Doves are just so kind looking to me...I always think of them as a symbol of peace. You really need to click on both of these to get the full effect, but especially this dove.

I go early, or early for me, to Terre Haute to babysit Lorelei for a few hours in the morning, so I need to head to bed and try to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.

10 comments:

Michele said...

You have so really good bird photos here lately!! I am impressed. The dove is such a gentle creature so I understand what you mean.

Mary said...

Beautiful Shovelers! That dove looks so happy sitting there in the sun and I agree they look kind. Have fun with the baby!

Deborah Godin said...

Great name, shoveler, for birds with oversized bills like that! Have a fun visit with the little bebe! (guess blogger doesn't do French accents)

don said...

I enjoyed seeing the enlarged pictures for the detail and improved view they provide. Fine images. The strip pit is a great place to shoot.

Tricia said...

I know what you mean about the dove, they are very peaceful looking!

Hehehe I'll probably be going to the farm this weekend, so I'll some pics of the "new baby" I can't believe mom originally bought only 5 sheep back in Sept (I think it was Sept) & now they have 15 - just since Sept!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Great bird pictures, Rose. I always enjoy seeing your pictures from your area.

Hugs,
Betsy

TSannie said...

I feel the same way about doves. Never seen a shoveler in person. Would love to tho.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Doves are kind looking. I love the way they usually travel in pairs.

George said...

Congratulations on the new bird. Both pictures are very good.

fishing guy said...

Rose: Neat photos of the ducks. I do also enjoy the way the doves pose and they seem to be without fear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...