Sunday, September 19, 2010

From the road...in more ways than one

This was taken two or three nights ago...over in Illinois. I thought it appropriate since we are traveling for a couple or three days. We are going to see our older daughter graduate from her training on Tuesday. Then she will be home with us for a few days before heading out for her new position.

Traffic was not bad, yet we were both very tired when we checked into the hotel. We took a nap before going to find a bite to eat. Since eating, I have been playing with how this blog looks...not sure I am happy with it, but going to let it stay the way it is for a few days.
I got this pic from Sarah tonight...Lorelei and her friend Emily kicked back and relaxing for just a few minutes. According to Sarah, they had a blast.

I best get off here...too tired to have much to say.

13 comments:

Judy said...

I forget how flat Illinois is, especially since I've been living in such hilly country. That is a cute pic of Lorelei and her friend. They look like they're just kicking back and relaxing.

Mary said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip! Cute photo of Lorelei and Emily. Looks like they are having fun :-)

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Rose, I know you are proud of that daughter. Glad she will have a few days at home before heading out for her new job..

Great blog look; looks so Fallish...

Cute picture of the Toot with Emily.... Two little girls have a good time!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

don said...

This is a nice shot "on the road." Lorelei and Sarah make a fine looking pair.

Carletta said...

Great skies!
Those two look sweet but mischievious. ;)

EG Wow said...

Very cute photo of Lorelei and her friend!

I'm glad the traffic wasn't bad as that makes traveling so much easier. How nice your daughter can visit for a few days!

George said...

I'm glad you are able to get away and attend your daughter's graduation. I know it will mean a lot to her to have you there.
The picture of Lorelei and her friend is adorable.
Thanks for showing how flat Illinois can be.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

We've been on-the-road for days now--just got home.

Cute picture of Lorelei and her friend.

I saw a lot of highway yesterday, but it wasn't as pretty as this.

It will take me a while to get caught up!!! (if I ever do).

Gill - That British Woman said...

that is such a cute photo of the girls, so relaxed, and not a worry in the world,

Gill

A piece of news said...

Have fun! I like the orange on the blog for autumn, but I like orange anyway. It looks nice.

A piece of news said...

Have fun! I like the orange on the blog for autumn, but I like orange anyway. It looks nice.

Jacob said...

I really like this blog and I like your other blog, too. Beautiful headers!

A wonderful photo, Rose...very well composed. So mid-western!

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

We always comment on how flat it looks when we travel west of Pennsylvania. The sky always looks bigger :-)

Nice picture of Lorelei and her friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...