Saturday, February 1, 2014

For those wondering how babies get here...Pixar version


One thing about having a grandchild is that you become reacquainted with your inner child.  If not for Lorelei, I doubt I would have ever watched any of the Pixar shorts.  This is one of my favorites. 

*************
I have glasses that don't have a rim around the bottom of the lenses.  Today, one of the lens separated from the frame and I had to use reading glasses for a while.  It was not fun trying to go up and down stairs; for some reason I could not push them up on top of my head and them stay there. Had to take them completely off.

And I swear I almost became dizzy if I did anything other than read or look at the computer and left them on.  I was trying to do a few things at once without taking them off, and boy if I turned my head quickly looking where they weren't focused, I'd get so dizzy just for a second.  Anyway, I knew my vision was worse, but not as bad as it apparently is.

Thankfully, Roger was able to use epoxy and glue the lens back in.  And I have an appt. Monday to get new ones.    I have been looking at frames on line..I have no idea what I want.  So that is going to be the most time consuming part on Monday.

11 comments:

Montanagirl said...

This video was really cute!

W. Latane Barton said...

I go Tuesday to get new glasses. One of my lens got scratched last year when I fell and now I am seeing a crack starting to creep across. Time to get new ones.

Sandra said...

i always hate changing my frames... it is hard to see what they look like because without my glasses i can't see my face. the place i went 2 years ago took my photo with the new glasses on and then showed me all of the photos on the monitor. i chose what i thought i liked then got home and hatedthem

Small City Scenes said...

Awww I am glad you explained the miracle of birth in the proper fashion. I am so relieved.

If you want to see another version go to:
ritzvilleranchlife.blogspot.com

Isn't it funny when you pick up your glasses and a lens is gone---oops where am I.

MB

don said...

Roger to the rescue. I'm glad you are able to replace them so soon.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I have to say that I hate wearing glasses and can't wear contacts anymore. I have astigmatism, as well as nearsightedness and can't see to read and to find a pair for all those things, well I just decided to go to glasses. That said, I also hate having to choose frames. Good luck with choosing yours!
That was a cute video!

Blackberry Lane said...

Today's styles remind me of what my grandparents wore! I got new ones in Dec. at WalMart and am pretty pleased with them. Best wishes.

EG CameraGirl said...

Choosing new glasses can be stressful! I keep an old pair of glasses just in case something happens to the new ones!

The Pixar short was cute.

Diane Baker-Williams said...

Watched the video and I'm still laughing! Thank you so much for sharing it.

genie said...

I am betting blinder, too. It is really spooky. Just all of a sudden my sight has started going downhill at way too rapid a pace. I cannot see without my specs anymore. Have gone to Wally World and over a period of time have bought 5 pair of children’s $10.00 frames with just the close vision correction in them. 20 bucks for the lenses and 10 for the frames. A real deal. My continuous lens cost be close to 300.00. I can still see ok at a distance, but the close up is GONE!!! Hang in there...Monday is almost here. I will be 75 Friday...maybe that is the reason. I am just so darn old I’m falling apart.

Caron said...

Where have I been? You're outpacing me for sure on the posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...