Sunday, May 18, 2014

Finished at last...

I don't am showing two different pics...because the color is off a bit in both.


The top photo is too dark...and the second is just a tad bit lighter than I think it really is...
Now the back is a surprise of course.  I like for the back to come as a surprise. Since this fabric is quilted on the straight of grain, it looks good...plus it is the side against the feeddogs.

I am so disappointed in myself and in it.  I try to convince myself that it is fine...it will still be good to snuggle under.  And it will.  But I really like for them to look nice, too.
 **************
It has been ages since I changed the appearance of this blog so took the time and changed the color scheme.  I think I am going to enjoy the new look.  At least for a while.  

16 comments:

Roan said...

I've never seen a back quite like this one. Beautiful quilt. I would be happy to snuggle under a quilt like this on a hot summer night. Like the blog change, too.

Michelle said...

You should be so proud! I have no sewing talent, so I admire your ability!

Beth said...

The quilt is lovely Rose! You did a fine job!

Montanagirl said...

Beautiful quilt, and I like your blog. I just changed mine recently too.

Ginny said...

I like the pattern and colors of the back better than the front!

thirtysevenandcounting said...

I think it's a gorgeous quilt and I love the color scheme. I wish I had your talent. :-)

~Lindy

Small City Scenes said...

Well I like it and don't be so critical on yourself.
Can't wait to see the change. MB

Lynne said...

Such a talent you are . . . and what comfort your quilt would bring.

Joyful Quilter said...

Really?? You don't like it?? I think it looks great! Wonderfully scrappy and a terrific back.

MarmePurl said...

The best is of course that you made it. Beautiful!

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm trying to figure out why you don't like it! I think it's great!

Deb said...

The quilt looks wonderful. I'm in awe with your quilting talent.
New blog colours look good too.

don said...

It looks very good to me!

DeniseinVA said...

I like your quilt a whole bunch. It's beautiful and so well done. You are a Queen of Quilters :)

Caron said...

We are such tough critics on ourselves. I truly think it is lovely and can't imagine having the time or talent to even dream that up, let alone create it.

Mary said...

I think it looks wonderful! I wish I could even manage to quilt my own quilts. I think most of us are critical of our own work....so it is just you and not the quilt :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...