Thursday, June 25, 2015
I cannot believe that it is Thursday evening already. Time to come up with 5 things for Tanya's Willy Nilly Friday 5...won't you please join us with a few of your own thoughts? I totally love to read these random thoughts.
1. The above tin was in The Cherry Tree in Paris, Illinois. As long as I can remember, mom had a tin like this. She kept her pretty handkerchiefs in it. I don't know if I have it, but I do have her handkerchiefs. So, I should have the tin around here some place. But if I have it, I cannot image why I would not still have the handkerchiefs in it. I will have to look for it one of these days.
2. Can I say Cool at Last, Cool at Last! Some of you may have not been following the saga of our quest for a motor for the fan of our central air unit. The guys in our local hardware did not have one in stock, but ordered it Tuesday. Yesterday, they sent the wrong one. Ryan called and reordered it...Roger heard him reading the model numbers. This morn Roger goes down there...they had sent the wrong one again, and Ryan had done called and it was supposed to be picked up and would be in in two or three hours later.
Three hours later, no call, but we waited an additional hour--Roger went down there. They had sent the wrong one yet again! This time he sent his younger brother to get it. Roger came home and not too much later received the call that it was in. He went down there, and it would do but the wiring was a little bit different! Roger looked, had our neighbor look, and even Ryan from the hardware was afraid to say how to wire it. (It had one more wire than the old one.)
So Ryan called someone from the local heating and cooling...and he swung by in less than half an hour and wired it...also filled it with freon since it was little low. I cannot believe how quickly I could feel the difference in this house. After 3 days and 2 nights without AC, it feels wonderful. The heating &AC guy just lives 3 or 4 blocks away, and Roger will be helping his son with his bow.
3. That leads me to say thank God for small towns...even if Roger had not heard Ryan order it, he could count on him doing it. If Ryan says he will do it, he will do it. And at our local grocery store...I don't know who does the hiring there but they have the best kids. They are always so kind to the older people. It is just good for the heart to see them.
4. Last weekend we saw the first episode of The Crimson Field--it starts out with three young women arriving at a field hospital in France during World War I. It is really, really good. So we are looking forward to the rest of the series. The series came out in 2014, but this was the first we had heard of it...it is on our PBS station.
5. I came across Northern Borders--we both really enjoyed it. It had that feel of an older, well done movie. Click here for some clips on Youtube. You know if both of us says it is really good, it has got to be good. We don't have the same taste--or maybe I should say Roger has a wider range of what he likes.
That is my 5, please share yours!