Thursday, August 6, 2015
Debating on joining one of the Random 5 things on Friday...may just try to come up with 5 but not join.
1. Finally, got the desk ready to be taken out of the house, and I have carried the file cabinet out. I got most things in a new home or else if possible, disposed of them one way or another. Plus a few more things are gone. Remember I said few.
2. So, what is new? Jeremy and Sarah will be moving back closer to us. Probably within half an hours' drive. Jeremy will be starting a new job nearby before the month is out. Their house went on the market today. If they don't find anything between now and then, they will stay with us till they do. He was not actively looking for a job, but a friend said 'Hey, why don't you put in for this?'....he did and he got the job.
3. Sewing/quilting is on the back burner right now. I have the desire but the body is weak. Or lazy. Sometimes it hard to tell the difference.
4. I am sitting here wondering what everyone else is reading while trying to remember some of my recent books. I just finished one from the library: Immigrant: A Memoir Across the Atlantic by Sally Bennett. While I don't regret reading it at all, it was not one that will stand out as a great book. A book I really enjoyed much more than I expected was When I Married My Mother...by Jo Maeder. It ended up being much better than I expected. And I would not fuss if I had to read it again. (Please feel free to tell me what you have been reading.)
5. Fall is in the air!!! You probably didn't need me to tell you that, but I so love this time of year. I think I always have.
And just so you know, I made a big pot of hamburger vegetable soup this morn, and I have ate more than enough for two or three people! Well, maybe enough for two people. I always wonder if I made things I love more often...maybe I would not eat as much. I can at least hope it would change things. With this pot, I will have enough to freeze for another day.
Roger don't mind soup every now and then, but would not want it 2 or 3 times a week. I could about live on soups...I love my vegetable soup, potato soup, broccoli soup, chili....give me any one of those and I am a happy camper.