Sunday, November 6, 2016

Turkeys

We saw these a few days ago on the way to the strip pits.

I think they were all girls...except maybe the one featured above.  And Roger is not even sure...he thinks it is possibly a girl.  It did not have a beard, but it did have a little point that I thought might be one trying to make an appearance.
We also thought they might have been this years juveniles...
If I remember correctly, there were five of them.

I just read this:
 A group of turkeys — has many awesome and unusual descriptive nouns, including a “crop”, “dole”, “gang”, “posse”, and “raffle.”

8 comments:

Tom said...

What ever you call them, you "shot" them well.

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are so cool! I don't think I have ever seen a real wild turkey. They must have been kind of tame.

Mildred said...

I've only seen a wild turkey twice in my life but did not have a camera handy. Great photos, Rose.

Henny Penny said...

Those are really good pictures of the turkeys. My husband has been deer hunting lately and seeing more turkeys than deer.

Sandra said...

I think I like posse best as the descriptive word. these are really pretty, were they blue colored or is it the light? they look different to me than what I have seen on other post. have never seen a wild turkey

Betsy Adams said...

Great set of pictures of the turkeys. We have only seen turkeys once since we moved here. They are in our area --but don't come out into plain sight. When we saw them we were walking on a gravel road in the woods in our area.. They flew up into the trees....

BUT--I've seen them several times at Cades Cove. You got some great shots.

Hugs,
Betsy

"e"BethEdwards"e" said...

gorgeous ... those fall colors are lovely. we were at a campground ... and we saw 2 turkeys... i was thinking how change considering we were in a not so country area, more city like. turkeys get around don't they. ( :

Denise inVA said...

I love these photos. I have only ever seen wild turkeys at a distance. I also enjoyed learning the different names Rose, fun :)