Saturday, March 7, 2009

Doors

I took two or three pictures of the barn above last fall...the other day when we went fishing and came home a round-about way and passed it again..I took this and a couple more of it. I just love the style of it. I like the colors, I like the lightening rods. You know though, I just now got to really noticing all the doors. Wouldn't you love to know what this barn was used for? And why had I not noticed them before.
It makes even less sense when I tell you that I seen this barn for the first time when I took this and a couple more photos of it. When I enlarged it, one of the first things I noticed about it is the little door in the center...the one that is about one third of the way up. It is a regular door below it, but it is kind of hard to tell that it is a door because it blends in so well.

That little square door above it really has my curiosity up...I would love to know what it is for. And I also wonder why I really noticed it but all the white doors on the other barn barely registered.

6 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Beautiful pictures of the barns, Rose.. If you find out what the little square door is used for, let me know. Interesting...

Have a good week.
Hugs,
Betsy

don said...

Two fine barn pictures today. I have the same puzzle when I see barn around here and always wonder how they were used. It's interesting that both barns have that tiny door at what seems to be an in-between height. Nice post.

dot said...

The first one has so many doors it really makes you wonder why. The second one is of the same style of some I see around here.

Reader Wil said...

Well couldn't you ask the owner what it was used for? Do tell us when you know! I am getting curious too!.Thanks for your visit.

Mary said...

No idea on the doors, but both barns are neat looking! Good photos!

Carletta said...

These two I like!
I'd love to have an old stone barn like the first one. It would be so neat to live in that one.
With a little bit of love and care the second one could be quite handsome again.
Good shots Rose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...