Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The gift of the bean seed....

Earlier this year I ran across this post at Frugal Little Bungalow Small Space Living....and I commented on it.  She was kind enough to share and this is the result.
I am not showing the Hyacinth bean plant--it is growing wild and I love that part.  But there is something eating on all the leaves.  I have dusted it with Sevins and it does not seem to slow it down.
And yes, these are all from the same plant.  I don't know if they varied colors has to do with the age of the bloom or the amount of light they get or what.
But every day I go out there and look at it and admire its loveliness, and I think of Deb!

12 comments:

Ginny said...

It is quite lovely, and looks almost oriental!

Sandra said...

truly beautiful and I have never seen one before. what a gift..

EG CameraGirl said...

I think these beans have such lovely blossoms. I have planted them but our season here is shorter than yours so they bloom for a very short time before succumbing to frost.

Blackberry Lane said...

Such a thoughtful gift that just keeps on giving! Lovely!

Lynne said...

Very pretty . . .

Small City Scenes said...

Don't ya just love volunteers. I guess that's what you are saying my it's being wild. Looks like a sweet pea. MB

Rose said...

No, not a volunteer...it was a gift from Deb at the Frugal Little Bungalo....she sent me the seed.

Neal said...

Rose, those are beautiful!!

Marie said...

The flowers are just beautiful!

Mary said...

The flowers are so pretty. I really like all the colors.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

AH yours are doing so nicely! :) Mine look like this as well with the varied colors ...aren't they pretty / I know I'll want to grow them every year now! :)

thirtysevenandcounting said...

Varied shades of color on one plant - so pretty! I really love that deep pinkish-purple, though. So nice of her to share. :)

Lindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...