1. Have you actually thought about how close it is to Christmas? Even with seeing decorations out, I still had not paused to think. And I still refuse to think much about it. I want to wait till after Thanksgiving.
2. This kind of cornbread is one thing I crave every so often...I have been craving it this week, but have still not taken the time to make a pan. However, I did make a big pot of potato soup today and it is wonderful. I love soups of any kind, any time, but they are especially good once there is a chill to the air. How about it--do you like them any time or only after it has turned cold?
3. I think this is the first year I have ever missed being in the woods and seeing ginseng. I usually want to go just to see it and to take a fresh pic of it. It now has a season to dig it, but when I grew up, you could hunt it any time. Even then, our favorite time to hunt it was in the fall when it turned cold and had seeds to leave behind.
4. I don't know why, but the Amish fascinate me, do they you?
5. Don't you know that walking out into a yard with all that gold would cure about any sickness? Or at the least, make one forget it for a bit.