Monday, January 12, 2009

Did you think I was gone for good?

I am sorry for not posting or visiting the past two or three days...I plan to try to get around tonight. Just thought while I had a minute I would update you on all that is here.

My daughter's baby shower was Saturday about getting a lot of stuff! I cannot begin to name it all. It took their car and our car to get it all home. They were packed full. I did not take pictures, simply because I got gone without my camera...I didn't have it on the list and was done down the road a few miles before I thought. Besides that I don't think I would have had time. However, two or three others took pictures and I should get some of them. I just don't know how long it will take.

Neal, his wife and daughter came early and helped Rachel, Sarah, Christen and I set up. Yes, Sarah helped set up her own shower. But it was worth it just to hear the guys and Allison get this one game know, the one where you melt candy bars in the microwave and put them in pampers and they look like you know what. They are passed around and guests have to guess what kind of candy bar it had been.

We could not hear all that was said while they did it, but we could sure hear the bursts of laughter. And we would look at each other and laugh...we decided they were having way too much fun with that game.

I had been so stressed about the party--I don't know why I get that way. I worried about having enough food...that was the main thing. We probably had about 8-10 people at the most actually tell us they were coming. But I understand that--when it is that time of year, I don't like to make definite plans. So I wasn't upset that people did not call...just didn't really know how much food was needed. I ended up having more than enough, which is a lot better than not enough.

One of my other nieces from over at Indianapolis came, and she came home with us and spent the night and yesterday. That is one of the reasons I have not been on-line. Then last night after she left, we had a major power outage. The power went out about 6:00-6:30 and didn't come back on till after 10:00 last then I was too tired to think about getting on here.

We have been gone this entire Sarah's to get some measurements, to Gander Mountain for Roger to spend a gift card they got him, by this one park in Terre Haute that I had been wanting to check out, by Harbor Freight, and to get a bite to eat. So I am totally worn out again.

Bubbie is doing just wonderful! I really cannot believe how well he is doing. He takes it easy, but does do some stuff. He does get in the middle of the floor now and sleep in his normal way part of the time, all stretched and twisted on his back. Arms and legs extended out each way--you just cannot imagine how good it is to see. Our house feels complete again.

Us three humans are all doing better, though not totally over the sinus thing yet. But feeling better every day.

I am going to cut this short, and hope to visit all of you sometime later tonight!


Neal said...

Rose, it was fine. I told you that morning not to worry about running out of food. I didn't see anyone there that looked like they would starve to death if they didn't eat at the shower. :)

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Goodness Ruth, you don't have to apologize for having a life apart of the computer!!! I have trouble at times keeping up with this blogging myself.

Glad the shower went well and that all of you are feeling much better. Now--get some REST.

Mary said...

I stress about stuff like that, too. Glad all went well and that Bubbie is doing so well. HOpe you feel better soon.

George said...

Rose, you've been incredibly busy, but it sounds as if the shower was a great success. It's good to have you back.

Tricia said...

Oh the poopy thing made me laugh :)! And I'd forgotten about the shower, I was thinkin more about Bubbie - I thought something may have happened to him or that you was sick. I'm glad you're back & I'm sorry bout the power outage - I checked the weather on NOAA and CNN today & a blizzard is in northern IL and it's headed across IN - that isn't good, so be careful & GOD Bless!

Tricia said...

Duh, I forgot to comment on your picture too!
I can't take pictures of moving objects, especially in the sky. They just don't turn out for me, but yours did turn out & good too! They're so pretty in flight like that!!!

don said...

Sounds like a very busy time that worked out very well. I like the flying birds. I'm glad Bubbie is getting back to normal!

Leedra said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. We also have a shower coming up, but first I am going to go on vacation. I always do this backwards. We went on a mission trip 2 weeks beofre Wendy got married. Now we are going on a 3 week vacation and then come home and have her baby shower.

Love the bird photo.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Photography By Leedra

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Sounds like you had a fun shower and enough food for everyone, Rose. I bet your glad you can now relax.

I'm so happy Bubbie is settling back in. YAY Bubbie!

The Tile Lady said...

Oh, how wonderful! Your daughter having a baby shower! I know you are all excited about the soon-to-arrive little one!